For too long, we have allowed our government jurisdiction over our bodies. This is not, to me, a women’s issue or a men’s issue—this is an issue of all human beings. Your government has told you:
- When you’re allowed to have sex.
- What kind of sex you’re allowed to have.
- What drugs you can take and what drugs you can’t.
- You can’t kill yourself, even if you’re sick and in horrible pain.
- It’s up to them whether or not you can have an abortion.
These are just a few obvious examples of the ways in which the government has declared that you are their property, not the property of yourself. This girl is courageous to fight back, but she’s not the only one with a stake in this fight. We must all band together and declare, “I am the owner of me.”